Sexuality is an important part of being human. Love, affection, and sexual intimacy contribute to healthy relationships and individual well-being. But, there are some things that can have a negative impact our sexuality. These include illnesses, mixed emotions and unintended consequences that can affect our sexual health. The ability to have an open discussion about sexual issues is important to promoting sexual health and wellness.
More attention has been placed on sexual health since the WHO issued the statement above more than 25 years ago. However, challenges to achieving this vision remain. In many cases, the underlying cause of sexual disorders is poorly understood. And often, few treatment options are available – especially for women. Up to 60% of women are affected with sexual dysfunction and most of those suffer in silence.
It is important to address your sexual health issues with your health care physician and partner. Your sex life does not have to be permanently changed or lost because of medical conditions, age, childbirth or menopause.
Sexual Health Challenges
Common challenges that can affect a woman’s sexual wellness in her lifetime include:
- Pelvic pain
- Post-childbirth physical changes
- Pre- and Post-Menopausal hormonal changes
- Bladder dysfunction and incontinence
- Mood disorders, stress, and relationship
- Medication side effects
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, we may be able to help. After reviewing your medical history and performing a physical exam, tests will be ordered to rule out potential causes for these symptoms. I recognize what a positive impact optimized sexual wellness can have in a woman’s life. The team at Lumina and I are happy to offer solutions that can help!
The following are just some of the treatment options that we offer at
Lumina Wellness Center:
- BTL Emsella chair – High intensity focused electromagnetic technology that strengthens the pelvic floor to treat incontinence, and can in some patients help with stronger orgasms and vaginal tightening.
- O-Shot PRP rejuvenative and restorative therapy – Helps to increase sensitivity; enhance libido; reduce vaginal dryness; improve ability to orgasm; and decrease urinary incontinence.
- BioTe plant based hormone therapy – To assist with weight loss, increase energy, improve sleep, sex drive, and enjoyment.
- Peptide therapy – Naturally occurring biological molecules that can help work with hormone therapy to boost libido, and improve sleep.
- Addyi Medication therapy – Once daily medication that addresses low desire in women.
- Meet Rosy – Meet with certified sex counselors online.
Schedule a consultation today for more information about the treatments above and to find out how we can help optimize your sexual health and wellness.
Dr. Keisha Loftin is a board certified obstetrician-gynecologist in San Antonio, TX who provides excellent care to women of all ages. She understands that some topics are difficult to discuss and approaches sexual wellness with great care. Her goal is to provide a confidential, safe, and unbiased space for you to share any concerns.
Dr. Loftin also has special interests and training in weight loss, hormonal balance for men and women, sexual medicine and minimally invasive surgery. She loves helping her patients optimize their health through education and cutting-edge medicine. Ultimately, she wants to live up to Lumina’s motto and help you “see yourself in a new light.”